MAJOR FUNCTIONAL AREAS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Conducting Statutory Audit, Tax Audit, Concurrent Audit, Stock Audit, Expenditure & Income Leakage Audit, Proprietary Audit, Efficiency Audit, P.F. Audit, Special Audit Investigations and Inspection of financial and other related transactions.
- Carrying out Transfer Pricing Audit as per the Income Tax Act, 1961
- Preparation Internal Audit Manual.
- Carrying out Internal Audit
Taxation – Direct & Indirect
- Planning and organizing client’s financial and other affairs in such a manner so as to achieve maximum advantage and benefits under the tax laws.
- Advice on witholding taxes and/or tax deduction at source.
- Preparation of Income Tax, Wealth Tax and other tax returns, representation before the taxation authorities for assessment of various taxes and other related proceedings such as appeal, rectification, getting tax clearance certificate, refunds in appropriate cases, consultation on controversial tax matters, etc.
- Advice on tax planning for employees.
- Advice on investment of personal/individual funds for claiming tax benefits.
- Service Tax registration, assessment proceedings and representation to the Service Tax department for various matters.
- Sales Tax registration, Sales Tax assessment and representation to the Sales Tax authorities for various Sales Tax matters.
Corporate Law and Secretarial Matters
- Incorporation of a company including preparation of memorandum and articles of association and prospectus, conversion of existing proprietary/partnership concern into a limited company taking into account tax and stamp duty advantages;
- Maintenance of statutory books including minutes of board and general meetings and registers as required under the Companies Act, 1956 and filing appropriate forms and returns with the Registrar of Companies, appearing as authorised representative before various authorities of company law department;
- Secretarial work involving compliance with various legal requirements and other statutory obligations;
- Carrying out ROC searches and assignments related to creation of charges for various banks and organizations.
Corporate Finance and Related Services
- Advising in the matter of taking over an existing business or planning on mergers, de-mergers, amalgamation, acquisitions, dissolution etc. keeping in view various statutes, financial and tax advantages and preparation of various schemes for the above mentioned purpose;
- Share valuations for mergers and amalgamations and other purposes;
- Restructuring of corporate structure including swap of debt and equity.
- Preparation of Accounting Manual/s, counselling on maintenance of accounting records and setting up of appropriate accounting systems commensurate with size and nature of the clients’ business.
- Designing and implementation of financial and other related systems to make information available readily and also for ascertainment of periodical financial working results in the shortest possible time.
- Maintenance of Books of Accounts in a computerised environment on different accounting packages keeping in view the various laws and statutes of the Country.
- Preparation of financial statements from Books of Accounts for the use of the Company, Shareholders and other outside agencies such as Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Joint Venture Partners, Financial Institutions and/or Government Authorities.
- Verification of material facts of the target company to enable clients to make sound decisions;
- Investigations on operations and practices;
- Risk management by identifying problems in advance and developing strategies to overcome them.
- Advising on issues relating to foreign investments in India and dealing with various government departments e.g. FIPB, RBI, STPI etc. for necessary documentation, approvals and filing of statutory reports including appearance before them to represent the clients’ case;
- Assistance in setting up of a liaison office, branch office and project office of foreign companies in India, under the provisions of FEMA and RBI guidelines;
- Advising and handling the day to day affairs of liaison/branch/project office of foreign companies situated in India
- Installation of appropriate costing systems within the organization for easy determination of cost and profitability of the product or service;
- Developing and installation of appropriate Management Information System within the organization for facilitating proper management control;
- Preparing cash flow statements relating to sources and application of funds for financial decision making;
- Assisting in the management of capital projects, right from the stage of feasibility study upto the preparation of project report, representation with banks/financial institutions for obtaining credit and also furnishing such other information to the financing bank or institution as may be called for in the determination of the case, and monitoring cost control programs during the execution of project;
- Helping the banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions in conducting techno-economic viability studies of different projects requiring long-terms capital and working fund;
- Monitoring of sick units including techniques employed for early detection of sickness and helping in the process of nursing sick units back of health.
- Advising on the benefits of computerisation, organisation of a data processing department, utilisation of facilities, preparation of input, choice of output, storage, internal control and security of data;
- Computerisation of clients’ accounting and commercial activities with a view to reduction in clerical costs and improvement in the speed and efficiency of output for timely and optimal management decision
Business Process Outsourcing
- Data entry, generation of accounting books & records;
- Payroll accounting including calculation of statutory deductions and withholding taxes;
- Bulk processing and generation of tax returns for large employee groups;
- Generation of management information system reports by analyzing financial and industry data.